WELCOME TO CORNERSTONE
Cornerstone Village Cohousing grew out of a group of people who began meeting in the summer of 1993 to develop a cohousing community in the northwest inner suburbs of Boston, Massachusetts. Completed and opened in December 2001 in North Cambridge, MA, Cornerstone is composed of 32 private housing units ranging from one-bedroom flats to townhouses, along with shared common spaces and facilities. We are committed to living as a community that promotes sensible sharing of personal, social, and natural resources, provides a safe and stimulating environment for the growth of children and adults, and fosters beneficial relationships with the surrounding community and the world at large.
Our priorities include:
- A balance of privacy and community
- Privately-owned, energy-efficient homes
- Varied home sizes including affordable units
- Knowing our neighbors
- A safe, supportive environment for children
- Facilitation of shared dining, childcare, workshops, and recreation events
- Working together to sustain our outdoor spaces, including common gardens and playground
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Resident management
Go to VISION to understand our goals and intentions.
If you would like to learn still more about Cornerstone, we welcome you
at one of our community gatherings.
Our DIRECTIONS page has a map showing the location
as well as driving and public transportation directions to get here.
To reach us go to our CONTACT page.
- The Cohousing Association of the United States
- The COHOUSING-L Listserv — Discussion of all aspects of cohousing, from development through the joys and challenges of living in cohousing. From this page you can subscribe or you can browse the Listserv archives.
- Fellowship of Intentional Communities' Cohousing Directory -- List of Cohousing Communities